Chesley is an NYC-based freelance writer and editor. She has traveled many parts of the world, often on a bike.
Latest Posts by Chesley Hicks
- You may have heard some news regarding 100 Resilient Cities in the last few days. Before I address that, I’d like to take a moment…
- Cities that pursue integration and facilitate better collaboration see improved outcomes and build resilience.
- Street art is often controversial, but it also can play a powerful role in urban resilience.
- The strong connection between mental health, good urban planning, and urban resilience may surprise some. Even before a disaster strikes and a city battles to recover, many cities are already preparing for their inhabitants' mental health needs.
- Rapid urbanization means cities need to pursue innovative, integrated transport networks with multiple alternatives to cars.