About 100 Resilient Cities and this Privacy Statement
100 Resilient Cities—Pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation (“100 Resilient Cities”, “we” or “us”) is managed as a sponsored project by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (“RPA”), an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides governance and operational infrastructure to its sponsored projects. 100 Resilient Cities is committed to protecting your privacy and is generally the controller of your Personal Data. Our representative in the European Union (“EU”) is Elizabeth Mercer, Chief Strategy Officer.
How And What Personal Data We Collect
In general, you are not required to provide any Personal Data in order to consult Our Site. However, you may elect to contact us by completing the forms provided on Our Site or by signing up to our newsletter, in which case we collect your Personal Data, such as your name and email address. If you do not provide us with the Personal Data indicated as required in our collection form, we may be unable to process your request.
Other Information: IP addresses and Cookies
When using Our Site, we may also collect other information about visitors to Our Site, such as the time and date of visits to Our Site, the length of the visit to Our Site, the web pages viewed during a visit, the links followed, the order of pages viewed, the type of web browser used, the website that referred or linked you to Our Site, the website you visited upon leaving Our Site, and the IP address associated with your device, which is the number assigned to the visitor’s device to identify its location on the Internet. We use this data to ensure successful navigation on Our Site, and to compile statistical data on the use of Our Site.
We collect some of this information through cookies which are small data files placed on your device when you visit a website. Cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s device, preferences and enhance your online experience. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
There are different kinds of cookies used by Our Site. Some other are not strictly necessary for Our Site to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience and information relevant to you. We may use this information to analyze how visitors use Our Site so we can improve the quality of the information and services we provide. By using Our Site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. If you want to restrict or block any of these cookies, you can do so through the web browser settings you use to access the internet. If you disable those cookies, certain features of Our Site may not work as intended. At this time, third party cookies are not used on Our Site.
Why Personal Data Is Used
We will use your Personal Data to process your request, to contact you and to provide you with the information that you voluntarily have requested.
We may also use Personal Data:
- for recruitment-related activities;
- for internal administrative or operational processes;
- to analyze the products and services you may be interested in;
- to send invitations and information from us about events, publications, and services; and
- to satisfy any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will process Personal Data if and to the extent applicable law provides a lawful basis for us to do so and in particular:
- if the data subjects have consented to us doing so
- if we need it to perform the contract we have entered into with a data subject;
- if we need it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- if we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by the data subjects’ interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Such legitimate interests will be the provision of services, recruitment and direct marketing.
With Whom Personal Data May Be Shared
Your Personal Data will only be processed by our personnel on a need to know basis, including the Communications and Human Resources teams.
We may share your Personal Data with our service providers that help us operate and provide services in connection with Our Site (“Service Providers”).
If we ever spin off as a separate entity, merge with, are acquired by, or otherwise consolidate with another organization, Personal Data would be transferred along with other assets.
How Long Personal Data Is Retained
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed in compliance with this Privacy Statement. To determine the retention period for Personal Data, we will take into consideration the purposes for which they were collected, the amount, the nature, the sensitivity and the applicable legal requirements. . If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the emails you receive from us, can visit our Unsubscribe page, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out of receiving information.
During the retention of Personal Data, we take technical and organizational security measures against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Of course no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you provide your Personal Information at your own risk.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
Our Site may contain links to Third-Party Web Sites and content providers. If you follow any link to a third-party site, you should review those sites’ privacy statements to find out how they protect your privacy. We are not responsible for Third-Party Web Sites or their privacy practices.
Where is the Personal Data Located
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, be aware that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States to us or to one of our Service Provider. Where the processing of your Personal Data falls under the scope of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and it is contemplated that your Personal Data will be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that do not provide an adequate level of protection, the appropriate safeguards will be implemented to protect your Personal Data in accordance with articles 44 et seq. of the GDPR. For any further information about these safeguards, please address your request at email@example.com.
What Rights You Have
We rely on you to provide accurate, complete and current Personal Data to us.
You may also contact us to request more information in connection with our data processing activities or to exercise your rights concerning your Personal Data. Such rights include:
- Access – The right to access to your Personal Data and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Rectification and erasure – You may request that we update your Personal Data by contacting us at any time. In certain limited circumstances you may have the right to request that your Personal Data is deleted from our systems.
- Restricting processing – In certain circumstances, it may be possible to require us to limit the way in which it processes your Personal Data (e., require us to continue to store your Personal Data, but not otherwise process it without your consent).
- Objection – You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Data portability – You have the right to data portability in certain limited circumstances, where (i) you provided your Personal Data to us, (ii) our processing is based on your consent or is necessary to fulfil a contract with you, and (iii) the processing is automated.
- Complaints – You have the right to contact us at any time if you wish to complain about our processing of your Personal Data and you may lodge a complaint at any time with a supervisory authority.
- Withdrawal of consent – Where we have relied on your consent as the legal grounds for processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal does not invalidate the consent-based processing that occurred prior to withdrawal.
When contacting us in connection with any of your rights (describe above), you will have to provide sufficient identifying information, such as name, address, and birth date before your request can be processed. We may limit or deny access to Personal Data where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive in the circumstances, or as otherwise permitted by law. In some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee, where warranted, for access to Personal Data.
Changes To The Privacy Statement
Any changes we make to this Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Statement.
Children Under Age 18
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under age 18 may have provided personally identifiable information through Our Site, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions you may have about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Contact: David Sheehan, 100 Resilient Cities – Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Address: 420 Fifth Avenue, 19th Floor
If you currently receive marketing information from us which you would prefer not to receive in the future please email us at: email@example.com.