Roya Shariat joined 100 Resilient Cities’ Communications and Marketing team after graduating from New York University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics with Minors in Middle Eastern Studies and Public Policy. Roya has experience in both the public and private sectors, having worked at the U.S. Department of State, the Woodrow Wilson Center, and NBCUniversal. She is fluent in Farsi and Spanish, and is currently learning French and Swahili.
Latest Posts by Roya Shariat
- The New York City's Five Borough Green Roof is the planet's largest multi-system green roof. The 100RC team visited the site to learn about the manifold benefits green roofs provide.
- Resilient zoning is just one aspect of holistic urban planning, but it's a high priority in many of our Network Cities.
- We're weeks away from announcing the cities selected results of our third Challenge, and wanted to share some information on our final cohort.
- We've announce a number of recent city CROs: Athens and Thessaloniki, Greece, and Santa Fe, Argentina.
- Here are three big takeaways from a week discussing the world's water in Stockholm.
- Check out this week's latest in urban resilience news, featuring drinkable fire hydrants, an app for harassment, and a car-free city capital.
- In honor of International Women's Day, 100RC is profiling city change makers from around the world.
- A potent combination of vibrance and emerging challenges drives our engagement with cities. Here are six answers to the question "Why Cities?"