Latest Posts by Aurora Alemendral
- In the age of social media, citizens naturally gravitate toward crowdsourcing disaster relief, and institutions from city governments to Google are taking notice.
- Manila is putting a bounty on rat heads to generate praise and thus raise awareness of public health issues.
- There are legitimate reasons why squatters refuse to evacuate during a storm, including wanting to prevent damage and fearing that landlords will bar reentry.
- With silent, no-emission engines, these e-bikes would cut down on noise pollution and reduce the amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere by an estimated 260,000 tons per year.
- A close look at the incredible race towards a zero-garbage Manila.
- The biggest challenge to building back better in a country like the Philippines isn't technical—it's gaps in knowledge and money, and managing cultural perceptions.