What you can do for your city on World Water Day
This article originally appeared on 100RC.org on March 20, 2015.
Thursday, March 23 is World Water Day.
Water is the lifeblood of a city, and every city faces some type of water challenge. Helping your city address these challenges is essential to becoming more resilient. Here's some useful information to think critically about the role of water in cities and what you can do.
1. Dig into water crises - flood, drought, scarcity, and pollution - which the 2015 World Economic Forum in Davos identified as the risk with the largest expected impact on the world over the next 10 years, and how city resilience can help.
2. Check out innovative maps of the water sources for 530 of the world's cities, developed by 100RC Platform Partner The Nature Conservancy.
3. Visit water.nature.org/waterblueprint to use this interactive map, developed by The Nature Conservancy.
4. Learn how three members of 100 Resilient Cities Are Solving Water Challenges.
6. Learn more about the history and motivation of World Water Day from the United Nations.
7. Get out and participate in a World Water Day event near you.